MIKA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MIKA

Fat Free Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

for the lurkers...here the mfc mods being aggressive and partial basing on conversations behind the back

+2
EnFa
Baiba
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Baiba

Baiba
Admin

origially posted by DCDEB
If you don't want to belong here, that's fine, but
if you do, I'm sorry, but you have to abide
by the rules. The same goes for Greta. If she
thinks people are treating her poorly for some
reason, she ought to look at her own behavior,
and not blame her relationship with you. You
both are routinely sarcastic, cynical, argumentative,
rude, and impolite. People in general tend to
stay away from people who behave that way
constantly. I can't blame them. It's not a good
feeling to feel like you're being mocked or
talked down to all the time.

Originally Posted by Pam Travers
i never saw greta being unkind or anything btw

DCDEB wrote
Then you need to ask her how she has behaved
at some of the gigs this past summer. Ask her
how she behaved in Amsterdam. I would tell you
to read some of her posts, but she deletes so
many that you won't be able to.

secret

EnFa

Well I try to keep to the rules of the MFC because I would rather be there than not.
I don't have a problem with either Greta or Pam, but I suspect I haven't read half of what they have written. naughty

Holmes

Holmes

Almost two years later nothing has changed.
Pity this forum is dead.

Holmes

Holmes

How are moderators chosen?

We see this as a "real" job - the people who best understand the right qualities for the moderator role are people who have done it themselves. It's not an easy process, but we truly believe that we have a process in place that helps us pick the best people to be mods. That process is:

A call is put out in the general MFC asking for people to submit their names if they are interested in becoming a moderator.

The mod/admin team discuss the applicants, and try to reach a consensus. We look for the following:

Members who have been a part of MFC for a while, who appear to be quite involved with the community, and who are committed to staying on MFC for a long time to come. Moderators need to be fair and level-headed, work hard not to worsen arguments or controversy, and stay as impartial as possible when tempers flare. An solid understanding of the history, culture and overall "vibe" of the MFC community is crucial.

Moderators need to be discreet and reliable and work well with others. They need to be online -- a lot. Every day, ideally, and every second day at least (holidays and family situations excepted). We look for natural leaders who aren't afraid to voice an opinion, yet can do so in a non-confrontational, non argumentative way.

Understanding a language other than English is a bonus, but not required. We also try to keep coverage in mind, and consider what hours of the day a potential mod could be online outside of work/school/sleep, etc.

The administrators make a final decision based on discussions with the rest of the mod/admin team.

affraid lol! clown

capucine1418

Baiba wrote:origially posted by DCDEB
If you don't want to belong here, that's fine, but
if you do, I'm sorry, but you have to abide
by the rules. The same goes for Greta. If she
thinks people are treating her poorly for some
reason, she ought to look at her own behavior,
and not blame her relationship with you. You
both are routinely sarcastic, cynical, argumentative,
rude, and impolite. People in general tend to
stay away from people who behave that way
constantly. I can't blame them. It's not a good
feeling to feel like you're being mocked or
talked down to all the time.

Originally Posted by Pam Travers
i never saw greta being unkind or anything btw

DCDEB wrote
Then you need to ask her how she has behaved
at some of the gigs this past summer. Ask her
how she behaved in Amsterdam. I would tell you
to read some of her posts, but she deletes so
many that you won't be able to.

secret

Was it really necessary to start a thread about double standard on the MFC forums -and behind- ? I mean it's not a philosophy, it's a religion, and you can't blame them : the MFC has given them some kind of power and of fake life. Like prefects in public schools and kapos in concentration camps.

They are restless at the moment because they wonder what the tragedy that's happened to their master will have on their status, who knows, he might even sell the FC. Or give up music altogether affraid . In which case they will have to find themselves another icon ; they have a few up their sleeves but it will be more difficult to find a boss so easy to manipulate. Tough !

Holmes

Holmes

You just need to change the mods from time to time to solve the problem. Too much power is given to fixed mods. The admin can stay the same, but the mods - if they r regular fans - must change. Otherwise they will always be partial and will protect their old friends.
After 2 or 3 years they can only use their power to manipulate people or get more perks. That's sick and it spoils your pleasure of being a fan.
There aren't many wise people around unfortunately...

EnFa

I have noticed that. They protect some people and castigate others. Again and again.

Man, I didn't know this forum was alive again! This is good.

Holmes

Holmes

EnFa wrote:
Man, I didn't know this forum was alive again! This is good.

Yep, there are some interesting ideas around here, also in the other sections. Perhaps it's because people can talk freely and are not only interested in spending time with Mika.

EnFa

Oh there are some VERY interesting things on here. But everyone stopped posting, good to see some posters again. We must try to revive it.

Holmes

Holmes

Anyway the MFC admins are not doing their job well. Wrong mod team in the first place, but they do not set a good example for the mods and the members.

"People know you are the administrator, and you are the one that needs to set an example. Many administrators think that all they have to do is create the forum, modify it, and let the site users do the rest. It is because of this mentality that most forums fail to get off the ground.

The administrator must be a user as well, and that means getting involved in the discussions, posting thought-provoking material (dependent on the subject matter of course), and something that is often overlooked; making new members feel welcome."

http://blog.phpbb.com/2008/07/01/the-role-of-the-administrator-when-opening-a-forum/
Thought what?!?! Shocked That sure never happened in the history of MFC. Rolling Eyes

EnFa

Who would you have as mods and admin?

Holmes

Holmes

That forum is dead imo. The admins and mods have shown they have no respect for the artist they are supposed to support. They are just trying to take revenge (because they wanted more attention than they actually got? money? official recognition? special invitations? confused ), although it's difficult to understand their sick minds.
Some of them wrote things that can't be taken back (or forgiven) and the others have put up with the insults posted by their "colleagues". BTW The slow motion version of the We Are Golden video was created by a mod, right? It figures.
In my opinion MFC should be dumped. A new forum should be created and the link should be put on MKS instead of the MFC link. Do you think it's wise to keep the link to a forum where people only post negative comments? You can call them "feedback", if you wish, but if it's negative, things don't change much. No
I'm sure some MFCers would be glad to leave MFC and be part of a new more positive community. Through mikasounds.com volunteers could be found to run the new forum. Of course, the new forum should be supervised by someone who is not a fan.
If MFC wants to survive, they will have to change their attitude. Having two fan forums in English can only be a good thing, especially for the British audience. I'm sure that part of the his popularity in the UK was lost because of MFC.
If the new forum gave the opportunity to get special M&Gs to all those who apply for one (taking turns at each gig, of course!), MFC would be forgotten very quickly. Rolling Eyes

EnFa

But who would YOU like for the mods though.
Also, though I agree with some of what you say, MFC certainly isn't all negative. There are only a couple of threads with negative comments. All of the rest are almost exclusively positive.

It's nice to have a place like this where we can say what we want, but I do find it odd that you think so much of Mika's fanbase would be turned off by MFC. At least there is some life in there, unlike the MS forum old and new. Hardly anyone goes there and I must agree with what someone said somewhere on MFC, you can't have ALL posts just drooling about Mika, it's good to have some conversation which the "isn't he wonderful" posts don't generate.

I don't care much for MFC, but it hasn't put me off Mika, I just can't say all that I want there.

I don't really understand your biased animosity towards that forum. What have they done to you? Some people on there disagreed with you from time to time? It happens.

MIKA

MIKA

U so rite sherlock. u here posting on a good forum. front page talkin about my big cock & how i be hidin in the closet. u keep it alive tellin evry1 how mika fans are gang o ignorant bitches. thank u for ur loyalty. with u bitchin bout my fans they gonna play my music in englund & sell millions of cds. you da best sherlock.

MIKA

MIKA

EnFa wrote:What have they done to you? Some people on there disagreed with you from time to time? It happens.

u mean what they done to me ? they said they dont like my song & then i cried. my life revolve around opinion of ignorant bitches. i got nothin else to do but read wot they say. i traumatise.

Holmes

Holmes

Ban me if you can. clown Perhaps MFC is what you deserve. Suspect Scary thought... Rolling Eyes

Holmes

Holmes

Besides...

MIKA wrote:front page talkin about my big cock & how i be hidin in the closet.

Is it small? Aren't you hiding? scratch

EnFa

MIKA wrote:
EnFa wrote:What have they done to you? Some people on there disagreed with you from time to time? It happens.

u mean what they done to me ? they said they dont like my song & then i cried. my life revolve around opinion of ignorant bitches. i got nothin else to do but read wot they say. i traumatise.

You probably need to see a shrink. Can anyone recommend one? There are a few would be ones on MFC ;)

MIKA

MIKA

Holmes wrote:Besides...

MIKA wrote:front page talkin about my big cock & how i be hidin in the closet.

Is it small? Aren't you hiding? scratch

Na i aint hidin. been making friends on dlist 4 years. you wanna see me in my undies cum check me out.

http://www.dlist.com/MMMMM

Holmes

Holmes

There's just one thing I really must say right now. 72? Put on weight, man! affraid

Holmes

Holmes

Verdi? scratch I'm not that surprised: he was a sort of pop artist after all.

EnFa

I found some bad comments on youtube.
Are these from the mods on MFC do you think?

Pathetic lyrics, pathetic video. It makes about as much sense as the dead march on stage. M obviously thinks he can do anything and get away with it. He should consider puncturing his inflated head from time to time.

Beirut27

This vid makes the one BlueWhaleMika filmed for the WAG contest look artistic and sophisticated. The GK vid may have been shot partly in M's living room but it was professional, funny, fun, exciting. And yet one can see some kind of poetic justice : EMD lyrics suck, so does the video.

Beirut27

They certainly know how to put the boot in! Sounds like one of them! Reading comments like this, I begin to understand what you mean about fans' comments affecting his career!

Holmes

Holmes

That could be someone who was banned from MFC if I'm not mistaken. Anybody can open accounts on Youtube/Twitter/Facebook and post negative comments. It's allowed, it's called democracy. But if it's done by people from the official fan forum, especially mods and admins, it sounds a bit weird, don't you think?
I spotted some bad comments who could come from accounts opened on purpose by MFCers. The main Bs posted their negative comments at the very beginning (BlueSky something, LondonEmber), but when positive comments started flooding the video page, they didn't post any other comment.

This is fucking awful. Where's Mika??
LondonEmber 2 sett. fa 37

WTF?? Mika is now a film director??? Get your ass back into the studio and make a REAL MUSIC VIDEO.
blueskymika 2 sett. fa

Those who said the song was sheer crap said they liked the song afterwards. They are always ready to spit on new stuff, they know so little about music that they judge after the first listening, which is totally wrong. No

EnFa

Well that Blue Sky I would say is one of them for sure.

The thing is about music, you do have to listen more than once. Things can grow on you. Like a canker.

MIKA

MIKA

u so rite sherlok dammm. if you post on mfc u dont have no democratic rights.

cant believe dem fuckin bitches makin accounts on purpose to post my videos. wtf they thinkin???? Shocked Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum